ALPHABET ROCKERS FOR SCHOOLS
MAKE MOVES WITH US
We reflect the brilliance & power of young changemakers and model inclusion in our school programming. Let’s build & commit to equity in school communities through our virtual offerings this year. Each offering includes asynchronous materials for the whole family - content that gets all ages moving for the movement.
- Parent and educator equity workshops
- School residencies & workshops
- Curriculum & classroom tools
- Dance-a-long videos
Teaching children about social justice may sound daunting, but the Alphabet Rockers make it easy.
-School Library Journal
- Practice land acknowledgement as a school.
- Learn amazing dance routines to GRAMMY-nominated songs.
- Celebrate preferred names, pronouns, diverse skin colors and gender identities, and all the ways you are exactly YOU.
- Feel inspired, motivated and empowered by the language, music, and modeling of inclusion.
- Bridge the gap between being a good friend and being a true ally.
- Expect joy - motivation - and a path towards systemic change.
Anti-Racism Workshop: For Families and/or Educators
We believe all of us are on a path to advocacy. Alphabet Rockers meets parents and educators wherever their current work lands on the spectrum of awareness. The ultimate aim is fostering brave conversations with kids designed to interrupt racism and stand up for one another. Anchored in movement and song, Alphabet Rockers give adults starting points for meaningful conversations about challenging relevant topics, ways to model advocacy and intersectionality and tools to empower young people to be proud of their identities and feel powerful enough to change their world.
Alphabet Rockers virtual workshops make collaborative learning and creative process engaging and visible for students of all ages. Every minute connects young people to their purpose as changemakers, and creates space for all of us to be who we are. Available as songwriting workshops (pictured), hip hop dance, and beatboxing.
Alphabet Rockers teaching artists provide engaging virtual and asynchronous hip hop programs for preschool-5th grade. Students find self-acceptance, connection and motivation through hip hop dance, song, beatboxing and creative productions.
THE ALPHABET ROCKERS ANTI-RACISM STARTER PACK WILL:
- Empower young people to be proud of their identities and feel powerful enough to change their world
- Model advocacy and intersectionality
- Challenge oppressive language and bias
- Give adults starting points for meaningful conversations about challenging relevant topics with children
- Be a companion tool for the full "We Got Work To Do”
Join the Movement!
Sign-up with your email address to receive monthly news and updates from Alphabet Rockers!