MAKING MUSIC THAT MAKES CHANGE
Join us in listening, moving and
embodying real change.
"Empowering” and “Woke" to social justice.
"The GRAMMYS wokest act..."
-The Los Angeles Times
The platform for children and families activating change.
ALPHABET ROCKERS make music that makes change. Founded by Kaitlin McGaw (she/her) and Tommy Shepherd (he/him/they), this intergenerational group creates brave spaces to shape a more equitable world through hip hop. Their GRAMMY-nominated albums inspire American kids and families to stand up to hate and be their brave and beautiful selves.
Our families need content that is healing, that reflects who we are and empowers us—that embraces Black liberation, Queer liberation, Indigenous rights, immigrant rights, and intersectionality. Alphabet Rockers curates this content with the community, centering children’s voices. We amplify authentic stories and interrupt the patterns that got us here. Witness how we do this collective work—Join us in the embodiment of real change.
- Raising children with consciousness
- Making visible our many differences
- Interrupting racism and biases
- Holding space for real connection
- Honoring the land we occupy
- Intergenerational conversation
- Black liberation
- Queer liberation
- Amplifying voices
- Advocacy in community
- Meeting you where you are at - and moving together.
- Impactful video curriculum for kids and families
- Engaging concerts (live + virtual)
- Creative workshops for embodied learning
- Community & school programs and workshops
- Workshops for parents and educators
- Intergenerational music & podcasts
- Gear with a message
- Picture books with authentic stories
The We Got Work To Do Anti-Racism Mini-Course will:
- Empower young people to be proud of their identities and feel powerful enough to change their world
- Model advocacy and intersectionality
- Challenge oppressive language and bias
- Give adults starting points for meaningful conversations about challenging relevant topics with children
Teaching children about social justice issues may sound daunting, but Alphabet Rockers make it look easy.
-School Library Journal
Alphabet Rockers keep the culture of hip hop alive and instill in our children an appreciation for the rhythm, poetry, positivity, and movement that make up one of the most appreciated art forms on the globe.
-At-Home Dad Matters
More kids need to know about Alphabet Rockers. These videos should be running as drop-ins on every public TV channel daytime block.
-Kathy O'Connell WXPN Radio Host, Philadelphia
Grammy nominated Alphabet Rockers kids songs are more than just A-B-C.
Music that'll help a wider audience of people address topics that some might have a hard time navigating.
Being anti-racist is lifelong learning. This learning is important but can also be joyful, even in complicated circumstances - both when we are alone and when we are in community learning from each other.
Alphabet Rockers meets parents and educators wherever their current work lands on the spectrum of awareness. The ultimate aim is fostering brave conversation with kids designed to interrupt racism and stand up for one another. There is no tough topic we can’t embrace with love.
"Alphabet Rockers is important music... it creates the culture that is the reality of the world we want."
— W. Kamau Bell, Emmy-Award Winner, CNN.
Join the Movement!
Sign-up with your email address to receive monthly news and updates from Alphabet Rockers!
Tune in to the 'So Get Me' Podcast with your family to hear how brave American kids stand up to hate and love their brave and beautiful selves.
FUND THE CHANGE
Your tax-deductible donation activates communities with messages of inclusion and advocacy for the human rights of our children and families.
MAKE IT LOUD
Introduce your community to Alphabet Rockers. Follow and connect with us on all platforms.