WE GOT WORK TO DO:
Anti-Racism Mini Course
from Alphabet Rockers
RISE, STAND UP, GET LOUD!
"Empowering” and “Woke" to social justice.
"The GRAMMYS wokest act..."
-The Los Angeles Times
WE GOT WORK TO DO!
Building the just world we all want to see — one beat, one movement, one moment at a time.
Being anti-racist is lifelong learning.
This learning is important but can also be joyful, even in complicated circumstances - both when we are alone and when we are in community learning from each other. There is no tough topic we can’t embrace with love.
We meet you where you are while fostering brave conversation with kids designed to interrupt racism and stand up for one another.
The We Got Work To Do Anti-Racism Mini-Course will:
- Empower young people to be proud of their identities and feel powerful enough to change their world
- Model advocacy and intersectionality
- Challenge oppressive language and bias
- Give adults starting points for meaningful conversations about challenging relevant topics with children
Your ALPHABET ROCKERS
ANTI-RACISM MINI COURSE includes:
DIGITAL ACCESS THROUGH YOUR COMPUTER AND MOBILE DEVICES
Sing and dance with us any time, anywhere by accessing your We Got Work to Do Mini Course through your online digital library. It works with your Smart TV too!
WELCOME FROM CREATORS TOMMY SHEPHERD AND KAITLIN MCGAW
We built Alphabet Rockers to amplify diverse voices as we create world-changing family content across all platforms. We're here to make change with you
Let's Go Rockstars!
LESSON 1: RISE
Anti-racist work happens at all ages. Celebrate how you shine - and how you are standing up for justice.
- Practice land acknowledgement
- Celebrate your skin color + learn the moves to “Shine”
- Listen to youth talk about how kids have the power to stand up to hate
LESSON 2: STAND UP
This work builds connection, understanding and empathy.
How are you showing up in the world?
- Practice getting someone else’s back
- Reflect on how you are showing up for justice + learn the moves to “Stand up for You”
- Listen to youth talk about what bias and oppression mean to them
LESSON 3: BE YOU, GET LOUD
There is a history and legacy of changemakers just like you.
Where do you fit into this? Be you. Get loud.
- Learn about youth activists fighting for migrant children
- Express your kind of “loud” in making beats
- Listen to our youth talk about the racism they experienced in school, and how they combatted it with music
NEXT STEPS FOR THE WHOLE FAMILY
Being anti-racist is lifelong learning. Keep these lessons handy so you can come back and watch them again! Now you can keep taking action in your community as we work together to build the just world we all want to see.
Reflect and take action as a family.
Teaching children about social justice issues may sound daunting, but Alphabet Rockers make it look easy.
-School Library Journal
Alphabet Rockers keep the culture of hip hop alive and instill in our children an appreciation for the rhythm, poetry, positivity, and movement that make up one of the most appreciated art forms on the globe.
-At-Home Dad Matters
Alphabet Rockers is important music...it creates the culture that is the reality of the world we want.
-W. Kamau Bell, Emmy-Award Winner, CNN
SEE OUR FAQs
Who are the Alphabet Rockers?
Who is Tommy Soulati Shepherd?
Who is Kaitlin McGaw?
How is this different from the Starter Pack?
Where does my money go?
Can I Give the We Got Work to Do Mini Course as a Gift?
How do I purchase We Got Work to Do for my school or community?
WE GOT WORK TO DO!
Join the Movement!
Sign-up with your email address to receive monthly news and updates from Alphabet Rockers!